Off Market

5551 Kensington Ave,

Detroit, MI 48224
  • 2,578 sqft
Estimated Value*

Est. Value* : $81,890

  • 2,578 sqft
Get Financing
Property Type
Single Family Home
Year Built
1930

Description

5551 Kensington Ave is a single family home in Detroit, MI. This home was built in 1930 and includes three bathrooms and 2,578 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage, fireplace, and hot water heating system. In 11/13/2014, this property sold for $13,000. Today, the estimated home value is around $81,890. Frequently asked questions about 5551 Kensington Ave and the surrounding community.

  • How is the neighborhood? 5551 Kensington Ave is located in a community that is home to 56,226 residents, which has increased by 2.2% since 2000. 66.4% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 45 to 54 (14.65%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (13.64%).
  • What is the cost of living? The average family living near 5551 Kensington Ave has a median household income of $40,096 and spends about $37,191 annually.
  • What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 5551 Kensington Ave is relatively unsafe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 41%, which is higher than the state average of 11%. Property crime risk is 35.8%, which is higher than the state average of 10.7%.
  • How are the schools? The state average SAT score is 1124.
  • How’s the job market? About 50.2% of the residents near 5551 Kensington Ave have blue-collar jobs, while the remaining 49.8% have white-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 6.3%, which is higher than the state unemployment rate of 3.7%.
  • What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 5551 Kensington Ave is about 22.6 degrees in January and 72.5 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 34.7 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 30.4 inches per year.
  • Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 5551 Kensington Ave resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and low earthquake risk.

Interested in the area?

Call anytime 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week


Interested in the area?

Get immediate information from a knowledgeable buyer's agent.

(844) 240-0967

Call anytime
8am - 10pm, 7 days a week


Property Details

Property Info

Property Type
Single Family Home
Total Baths
3
Square Footage
2,578
Year Built
1930
Latitude
42.41
Longitude
-82.94
Cooling
SINGLE
Heating
HOT WATER

Price History

Date Price Event
11/13/2014 $13,000 Sold
10/23/2015 $55,000 Sold
7/29/2019 $14,500 Sold

Tax History

YearTaxesLandImprovementsAssessment
2017 $2,322 $0 $0 $22,600
2016 $2,510 $0 $0 $24,400
2015 $2,601 $0 $0 $25,700
2014 $3,630 $0 $0 $32,159
2013 $3,630 $0 $0 $35,732

Local Info

Population
56,226
Median Family Income
$40,096
Graduate Degree Percentile
5.5%
Median Homeowner Age
32.3
Households with Children
66.4%
Unemployment Rate
6.3%

Natural Disaster Risk

Risk Type Natural Disaster Level of Risk Description
Earthquake Risk Earthquake Low Risk Earthquake Risk Grade: B+
Tornado Risk Tornado Low Risk Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99
Flood Risk Flood Low Risk This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.

* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.

Interested in buying in the area?
Call or email about this home today!

Interested in the area?

Get immediate information from a knowledgeable buyer's agent.

(844) 240-0967

Call anytime
8am - 10pm, 7 days a week