83 Gilbert Ave,
Springfield, MA 01119
- 3 Beds
- 1,166 sqft
Est. Value* : $140,200
- 3 Beds
83 Gilbert Ave is a single family home in Springfield, MA. This home was built in 1953 and includes three bedrooms, one bathrooms, and 1,166 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage, and forced air heating system. Today, the estimated home value is around $140,200. Frequently asked questions about 83 Gilbert Ave and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 83 Gilbert Ave is located in a community that is home to 12,791 residents, which has decreased by -7.9% since 2000. 72.8% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 45 to 54 (12.18%), while the second-largest age group is between 20 to 24 (12.05%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 83 Gilbert Ave has a median household income of $52,278 and spends about $44,310 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 83 Gilbert Ave is relatively unsafe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 17%, which is higher than the state average of 7.4%. Property crime risk is 7.3%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 83 Gilbert Ave include Alfred G. Zanetti Montessori Magnet School, and Balliet Middle School. The average SAT score for this area is about 887 (443 for Math and 444 for English), which is lower than the state average SAT score of 982.
- How’s the job market? About 54.4% of the residents near 83 Gilbert Ave have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 45.6% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.8%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 3.2%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 83 Gilbert Ave is about 26.6 degrees in January and 70.2 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 47.5 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 44.0 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 83 Gilbert Ave resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
104 Rollins St,
$149,900 House For Sale
27 Preston St,
$149,900 House For Sale
90 Monticello Ave,
$135,200 House For Sale
66 Chauncey Drive,
$184,900 House For Sale
25 Arvesta St.,
$287,900 House For Sale
177 Hampden St,
$139,900 House For Sale
24 Acrebrook Rd.,
$219,900 House For Sale
64 Wendover Rd,
$379,900 House For Sale
76 Surrey Rd,
$182,500 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Alfred G. Zanetti Montessori Magnet School||PK-8||411||31.3||13||3.55 mi|
|Balliet Middle School||6-8||46||11.4||4||0.56 mi|
|Chestnut Accelerated Middle School (Talented and Gifted)||6-8||285||20.4||13.9||4.77 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C+|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.