385 Mahaska St,
Leighton, IA 50143
- 896 sqft
Est. Value* : N/A
- 896 sqft
385 Mahaska St is a single family home in Leighton, IA. This home was built in 1900 and includes 896 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage. Frequently asked questions about 385 Mahaska St and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 385 Mahaska St is located in a community that is home to 651 residents, which has increased by 10.4% since 2000. 84.6% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 35 to 44 (15.83%), while the second-largest age group is between 45 to 54 (14.33%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 385 Mahaska St has a median household income of $35,128 and spends about $34,385 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 385 Mahaska St is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 2%, which is lower than the state average of 4.4%. Property crime risk is 3.6%, which is lower than the state average of 7.3%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 385 Mahaska St include Oskaloosa Elementary School, Oskaloosa High School, and Oskaloosa Middle School.
- How’s the job market? About 70.0% of the residents near 385 Mahaska St have blue-collar jobs, while the remaining 30.0% have white-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.2%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 2.9%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 385 Mahaska St is about 18.6 degrees in January and 75.1 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 32.6 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 32.7 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 385 Mahaska St resides in an area with low flood risk, high tornado risk, and low earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
L11PH1 Southgate Business Park,
$185,000 House For Sale
310 Peace Street,
$239,000 House For Sale
1105 N Prairie Street,
$179,000 House For Sale
LT17PH2 Southgate Business Park,
$250,000 House For Sale
LT16PH2 Southgate Business Park,
$250,000 House For Sale
LT3PH2 Southgate Business Park,
$180,000 House For Sale
L9PH1 Southgate Business Park,
$200,000 House For Sale
LT11PH2 Southgate Business Park,
$100,000 House For Sale
L8PH1 Southgate Business Park,
$135,000 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Oskaloosa Elementary School||K-5||1,033||73.8||13.9||8.33 mi|
|Oskaloosa High School||9-12||675||43.6||15.4||9.61 mi|
|Oskaloosa Middle School||6-8||526||37.9||13.8||9.64 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Low Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: A|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||High Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.