1828 S Walnut St,
Springfield, IL 62704
Est. Value* : $138,700
1828 S Walnut St is a single family home in Springfield, IL. Today, the estimated home value is around $138,700. Frequently asked questions about 1828 S Walnut St and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 1828 S Walnut St is located in a community that is home to 44,190 residents, which has increased by 5.3% since 2000. 58.4% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 25 to 34 (15.32%), while the second-largest age group is between 45 to 54 (13.87%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 1828 S Walnut St has a median household income of $59,318 and spends about $47,509 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 1828 S Walnut St is relatively unsafe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 16.6%, which is higher than the state average of 13.2%. Property crime risk is 13.5%, which is higher than the state average of 9.6%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 1828 S Walnut St include Black Hawk Elementary School, and Douglas School. The state average SAT score is 1164.
- How’s the job market? About 75.3% of the residents near 1828 S Walnut St have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 24.7% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.3%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.3%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 1828 S Walnut St is about 16.8 degrees in January and 72.2 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 35.2 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 22.9 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 1828 S Walnut St resides in an area with low flood risk, high tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
1812 S Whittier Ave,
$79,900 House For Sale
1120 Williams Blvd,
$695,000 House For Sale
1716 S 8th St,
$41,000 House For Sale
822 S Douglas Ave,
$147,500 House For Sale
2627 Yale Blvd,
$44,900 House For Sale
5756 Cotton Hill RD,
$99,900 House For Sale
619 N Walnut St,
$55,000 House For Sale
1116 N Patton St,
$69,900 House For Sale
1919 E Edwards St,
$17,500 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Black Hawk Elementary School||K-5||265||18.2||14.5||0.57 mi|
|Douglas School||6-8||34||19.4||1.7||1.79 mi|
|Jefferson Middle School||6-8||601||41.9||14.3||1.91 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||High Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.