Creston, Iowa has a population of 7,788 residents. 65.1% of the residents are families with children.
The average family living in Creston, Iowa has a average household income of $34,103 and spends about $33,713 annually.
Creston, Iowa is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including violent and non-violent crimes) is 1.9%, which is lower than the state average of 4.4%. Creston, Iowa property crime risk is 5.00%, which is lower than the state average of 7.3%.
About 43.3% of the residents in Creston, Iowa have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 56.7% have blue-collar jobs. In Creston, Iowa, the unemployment rate is about 4%, which is higher than the state unemployment rate of 2.9%.
The average temperature for Creston, Iowa is about 15 degrees in January and 72 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 32 inches per year. The average snowfall is approximately 27 inches per year.