238 S Grand Ave,
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
- 3 Beds
- 2,176 sqft
Est. Value* : $254,800
- 3 Beds
- 2,176 sqft
238 S Grand Ave is a single family home in Poughkeepsie, NY. This home was built in 1960 and includes three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and 2,176 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage, fireplace, hot water heating system, and central cooling system. Today, the estimated home value is around $254,800. Frequently asked questions about 238 S Grand Ave and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 238 S Grand Ave is located in a community that is home to 37,250 residents, which has decreased by -1.3% since 2000. 71.8% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 45 to 54 (16.19%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (12.89%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 238 S Grand Ave has a median household income of $78,347 and spends about $58,311 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 238 S Grand Ave is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 5.1%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 3.4%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The average SAT score for this area is about 1086 (540 for Math and 546 for English), which is higher than the state average SAT score of 994.
- How’s the job market? About 68.5% of the residents near 238 S Grand Ave have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 31.5% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.1%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 238 S Grand Ave is about 21.6 degrees in January and 70.4 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 35.9 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 45.7 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 238 S Grand Ave resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
195 S Grand Ave,
$219,900 House For Sale
4 LYNBROOK RD,
$285,000 House For Sale
40 Parkwood Blvd,
$199,900 House For Sale
32 PARKWOOD BLVD,
$242,000 House For Sale
81 Cedar Avenue,
$299,900 House For Sale
8 Mildred Ave,
$224,900 House For Sale
$289,000 House For Sale
17 NICHOLS COURT,
$339,900 House For Sale
$304,900 House For Sale
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.