26917 9th Ave S is a single family home in Des Moines, WA. This home was built in 2002 and includes five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and 1,712 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage, fireplace, forced air heating system, and cooling system. In 1/25/2016, this property sold for $5,000. Today, the estimated home value is around $720,700.
Frequently asked questions about 26917 9th Ave S and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 26917 9th Ave S is located in a community that is home to 29,980 residents, which has decreased by -5.8% since 2000. 60.5% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 25 to 34 (15.11%), while the second-largest age group is between 45 to 54 (14.74%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 26917 9th Ave S has a median household income of $50,800 and spends about $43,315 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 26917 9th Ave S is relatively unsafe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 12.8%, which is higher than the state average of 8.5%. Property crime risk is 13.8%, which is higher than the state average of 12.1%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 26917 9th Ave S include Federal Way High School, and Federal Way Public Academy. The average SAT score for this area is about 1033 (523 for Math and 510 for English), which is lower than the state average SAT score of 1039.
- How’s the job market? About 59.3% of the residents near 26917 9th Ave S have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 40.7% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 3.8%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 26917 9th Ave S is about 37.0 degrees in January and 63.2 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 44.2 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 7.7 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 26917 9th Ave S resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and high earthquake risk.