151 Smith Ave,
Islip, NY 11751
Est. Value* : $366,300
151 Smith Ave is a single family home in Islip, NY. Additional features include a parking garage. In 3/17/2016, this property sold for $305,000. Today, the estimated home value is around $366,300. Frequently asked questions about 151 Smith Ave and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 151 Smith Ave is located in a community that is home to 13,971 residents, which has increased by 3.7% since 2000. 81% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 45 to 54 (17.89%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (14.79%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 151 Smith Ave has a median household income of $88,034 and spends about $63,465 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 151 Smith Ave is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 0.3%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 0.3%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 151 Smith Ave include Islip High School, Islip Middle School, and Maud S Sherwood Elementary School. The average SAT score for this area is about 1005 (505 for Math and 500 for English), which is higher than the state average SAT score of 994.
- How’s the job market? About 60.3% of the residents near 151 Smith Ave have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 39.7% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 3.0%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 151 Smith Ave is about 21.6 degrees in January and 68.7 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 37.4 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 28.1 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 151 Smith Ave resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
202 Union Avenue,
$509,000 House For Sale
32 Bay 3rd Street,
$579,988 House For Sale
141 Saint Marks Lane,
$599,900 House For Sale
245 Smith Avenue,
$449,000 House For Sale
421 Smith Avenue,
$675,000 House For Sale
7 Meadow Creek Court,
$1,999,990 House For Sale
453 Smith Avenue,
$649,000 House For Sale
59 Maple Street,
$625,000 House For Sale
140 Adelhaide Lane,
$1,999,999 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Islip High School||9-12||971||83||11.6||0.95 mi|
|Islip Middle School||6-8||695||55.3||12.5||0.9 mi|
|Maud S Sherwood Elementary School||2-5||323||20.8||15.4||0.25 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C-|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 3.6|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.