Off Market

587 Freedom Plains Rd,

Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
  • 3 Beds
  • 1,148 sqft
Estimated Value*

Est. Value* : $260,300

  • 3 Beds
  • 1,148 sqft
Get Financing
Property Type
Single Family Home
Year Built


587 Freedom Plains Rd is a single family home in Poughkeepsie, NY. This home was built in 1957 and includes three bedrooms, one bathrooms, and 1,148 square feet of living space. Additional features include a parking garage, fireplace, steam heating system, and central cooling system. In 1/5/2017, this property sold for $225,000. Today, the estimated home value is around $260,300. Frequently asked questions about 587 Freedom Plains Rd and the surrounding community.

  • How is the neighborhood? 587 Freedom Plains Rd is located in a community that is home to 37,250 residents, which has decreased by -1.3% since 2000. 71.8% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 45 to 54 (16.19%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (12.89%).
  • What is the cost of living? The average family living near 587 Freedom Plains Rd has a median household income of $78,347 and spends about $58,311 annually.
  • What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 587 Freedom Plains Rd is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 5.1%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 3.4%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
  • How are the schools? The schools closest to 587 Freedom Plains Rd include Arlington High School, Lagrange Middle School, and Overlook Primary School. The average SAT score for this area is about 1086 (540 for Math and 546 for English), which is higher than the state average SAT score of 994.
  • How’s the job market? About 68.5% of the residents near 587 Freedom Plains Rd have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 31.5% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.1%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
  • What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 587 Freedom Plains Rd is about 21.6 degrees in January and 70.4 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 35.9 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 45.7 inches per year.
  • Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 587 Freedom Plains Rd resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.

Property Details

Property Info

Property Type
Single Family Home
Total Baths
Square Footage
Year Built

Price History

Date Price Event
1/5/2017 $225,000 Sold

Tax History

2017 $8,158 $0 $0 $237,400
2016 $8,044 $0 $0 $237,400
2015 $2,351 $0 $0 $237,400
2014 $3,721 $0 $0 $237,400
2013 $2,205 $0 $0 $239,800

Local Info

Median Family Income
Graduate Degree Percentile
Median Homeowner Age
Households with Children
Unemployment Rate

Assigned Schools

SchoolSchoolDigger RatingGradesEnrollmentFull-time TeachersStudent / Teacher RatioDistance
Arlington High School 9-12
Lagrange Middle School 6-8
Overlook Primary School   K-2

Natural Disaster Risk

Risk Type Natural Disaster Level of Risk Description
Earthquake Risk Earthquake Moderate Risk Earthquake Risk Grade: C
Tornado Risk Tornado Low Risk Tornado Risk DPI: 9.99
Flood Risk Flood Low Risk This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.

* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions ( according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.

Interested in buying in the area?
Call or email about this home today!