142 Merrill St,
Brentwood, NY 11717
Est. Value* : $280,000
142 Merrill St is a single family home in Brentwood, NY. Additional features include a parking garage. Today, the estimated home value is around $280,000. Frequently asked questions about 142 Merrill St and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 142 Merrill St is located in a community that is home to 45,240 residents, which has increased by 2.7% since 2000. 87.8% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 25 to 34 (16.78%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (14.9%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 142 Merrill St has a median household income of $76,511 and spends about $57,662 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 142 Merrill St is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 2.9%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 5.1%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The average SAT score for this area is about 984 (470 for Math and 514 for English), which is lower than the state average SAT score of 994.
- How’s the job market? About 50.6% of the residents near 142 Merrill St have blue-collar jobs, while the remaining 49.5% have white-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 4.3%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 142 Merrill St is about 21.2 degrees in January and 68.6 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 38.8 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 28.0 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 142 Merrill St resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
51 Bradley St,
$379,990 House For Sale
$172,500 House For Sale
31 Henderson Place,
$269,900 House For Sale
531 Suffolk Avenue,
$178,500 House For Sale
$172,500 House For Sale
1754 Heckscher Avenue,
$469,990 House For Sale
1628 N Gardiner Drive,
$359,000 House For Sale
41 Wisconsin Ave,
$399,990 House For Sale
34 6th Ave,
$329,000 House For Sale
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C-|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 9|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.