14 Prospect St,
Central Islip, NY 11722
Est. Value* : $296,200
14 Prospect St is a single family home in Central Islip, NY. Additional features include a parking garage. Today, the estimated home value is around $296,200. Frequently asked questions about 14 Prospect St and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 14 Prospect St is located in a community that is home to 32,148 residents, which has increased by 5% since 2000. 80.3% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 25 to 34 (16.52%), while the second-largest age group is between 35 to 44 (14.31%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 14 Prospect St has a median household income of $69,572 and spends about $53,928 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 14 Prospect St is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 3%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 3.8%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 14 Prospect St include Anthony Alfano Elementary School, and Central Islip Senior High School. The average SAT score for this area is about 908 (464 for Math and 444 for English), which is lower than the state average SAT score of 994.
- How’s the job market? About 50.9% of the residents near 14 Prospect St have blue-collar jobs, while the remaining 49.1% have white-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 4.5%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 14 Prospect St is about 21.2 degrees in January and 68.5 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 37.5 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 28.3 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 14 Prospect St resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
55 E Locust Street,
$309,999 House For Sale
40 E Walnut St,
$249,999 House For Sale
40 Satinwood Street,
$379,999 House For Sale
12 Cloverlooks Ln,
$315,000 House For Sale
Tbb Sampson Avenue,
$625,000 House For Sale
34 Hamlet Drive,
$765,000 House For Sale
214 Parkwood Street,
$480,000 House For Sale
803 Belmore Avenue,
$379,000 House For Sale
60 Rose Street,
$464,990 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Anthony Alfano Elementary School||PK-6||696||42||16.5||1.85 mi|
|Charles A Mulligan Elementary School||K-6||968||56||17.2||1.21 mi|
|Central Islip Senior High School||9-12||2,343||142.4||16.4||1.96 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C-|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 7|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.