386 W Ave,
Ames, IA 50014
- 3 Beds
- 2,479 sqft
Est. Value* : $315,700
- 3 Beds
386 W Ave is a single family home in Ames, IA. This home was built in 1914 and includes three bedrooms and 2,479 square feet of living space. Additional features include fireplace, forced air heating system, and cooling system. Today, the estimated home value is around $315,700. Frequently asked questions about 386 W Ave and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 386 W Ave is located in a community that is home to 25,640 residents, which has increased by 4.5% since 2000. 48.2% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 20 to 24 (39.27%), while the second-largest age group is between 25 to 34 (14.59%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 386 W Ave has a median household income of $46,653 and spends about $40,661 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 386 W Ave is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 3%, which is lower than the state average of 4.4%. Property crime risk is 5.4%, which is lower than the state average of 7.3%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 386 W Ave include Gilbert Elementary School, and Gilbert High School.
- How’s the job market? About 63.0% of the residents near 386 W Ave have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 37.0% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.9%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 2.9%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 386 W Ave is about 19.0 degrees in January and 74.1 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 35.6 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 30.6 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 386 W Ave resides in an area with low flood risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
51490 180th Street,
$899,000 House For Sale
3934 Poplar Grove Avenue,
$344,900 House For Sale
2211 207th Place,
$445,000 House For Sale
2156 206th Place,
$385,000 House For Sale
52577 110th Street,
$215,000 House For Sale
3320 Weston Drive,
$547,500 House For Sale
5511 Maryland Street,
$240,000 House For Sale
2315 Buchanan Drive,
$269,900 House For Sale
940 Mesa Verde Place,
$195,000 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Gilbert Elementary School||PK-2||376||24.7||15.1||5.91 mi|
|Gilbert Intermediate School||3-5||319||19.9||16||5.97 mi|
|Gilbert High School||9-12||446||30.8||14.4||6.28 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.