14 New York Ave,
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Est. Value* : $523,000
14 New York Ave is a single family home in Stony Brook, NY. Additional features include a parking garage. Today, the estimated home value is around $523,000. Frequently asked questions about 14 New York Ave and the surrounding community.
- How is the neighborhood? 14 New York Ave is located in a community that is home to 17,147 residents, which has decreased by -6.5% since 2000. 81.9% of the residents are families with children. The largest age group is between 20 to 24 (19.98%), while the second-largest age group is between 15 to 19 (14.02%).
- What is the cost of living? The average family living near 14 New York Ave has a median household income of $107,463 and spends about $73,507 annually.
- What is the crime rate? The neighborhood surrounding 14 New York Ave is relatively safe since the personal crime risk (including both violent and non-violent crimes) is 2.2%, which is lower than the state average of 10.3%. Property crime risk is 3%, which is lower than the state average of 7.8%.
- How are the schools? The schools closest to 14 New York Ave include Minnesauke Elementary School, Robert Cushman Murphy Junior High School, and Ward Melville Senior High School. The average SAT score for this area is about 1020 (520 for Math and 500 for English), which is higher than the state average SAT score of 994.
- How’s the job market? About 71.9% of the residents near 14 New York Ave have white-collar jobs, while the remaining 28.2% have blue-collar jobs. The unemployment rate is about 2.9%, which is lower than the state unemployment rate of 4.8%.
- What is the weather like year-round? The average temperature for 14 New York Ave is about 21.2 degrees in January and 68.6 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 36.1 inches per year. The average snowfall is around 29.0 inches per year.
- Is there a risk of a natural disaster? 14 New York Ave resides in an area with low flood risk, low tornado risk, and moderate earthquake risk.
Nearby Homes For Sale
45 Hawkins Road,
$477,000 House For Sale
15 Hollow Road,
$399,000 House For Sale
15 Whitford Road,
$999,999 House For Sale
6 Kemswick Drive,
$449,990 House For Sale
47 William Penn Drive,
$549,000 House For Sale
3 Carriage Court,
$639,000 House For Sale
15 Bently Lane,
$549,000 House For Sale
8 Gaslight Way,
$560,000 House For Sale
23 Hawkins Road,
$529,000 House For Sale
|School||SchoolDigger Rating||Grades||Enrollment||Full-time Teachers||Student / Teacher Ratio||Distance|
|Minnesauke Elementary School||K-6||623||39.8||15.6||1.28 mi|
|Robert Cushman Murphy Junior High School||7-9||754||59.5||12.6||2 mi|
|Ward Melville Senior High School||9-12||1,798||132.9||13.5||2.87 mi|
Natural Disaster Risk
|Risk Type||Natural Disaster||Level of Risk||Description|
|Earthquake Risk||Earthquake||Moderate Risk||Earthquake Risk Grade: C-|
|Tornado Risk||Tornado||Low Risk||Tornado Risk DPI: 7|
|Flood Risk||Flood||Low Risk||This property is located in a minimal flood risk area, falling outside of the 1% and 0.2% annual chance of flooding. A flood event is still possible due to severe rainfall and inadequate local drainage. Flood insurance is recommended but not required by federal regulation.|
* The Estimated Value of Off Market homes that is used on the HomeFinder website is provided by a 3rd party vendor, ATTOM Data Solutions (www.attomdata.com) according to ATTOM's estimated market value for a home, computed using their proprietary formula. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value and is not an official appraisal. Estimated Value is intended to help you determine an independent and unbiased assessment of what your home might be worth in today’s market. Comparing your home to recently sold properties can also help you understand what your home is worth. Additionally, your real estate agent or appraiser will physically inspect the home and take into account special features, location and market conditions.